"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Butterfly effect

Last week, I was honored by my publisher, Karen Syed, with a Butterfly Award. She had been chosen by Joan De La Haye, and according to the rules, needed to pass it on to ten other bloggers. I'm, of course, pleased as punch when anyone thinks of me enough to give me a mention, but these blog/meme awards are stressing me. First of all, I'm supposed to post the Butterfly award logo on my blog. It's a pretty logo. I wish you could see it. Here's the problem...

I tried to get the Premio Dardos logo on my blog, to no avail. Yes, I'm a former software engineer, but Blogger doesn't seem convinced. I kept using the Insert Picture feature and it kept telling me that I had succeeded, then it ignored my request to insert anything. Basically, it was blowing me off. So, although I'll try to post the butterfly logo, I don't know if Blogger will obey me.

After I get the logo mounted, I have to nominate ten other blogs. I keep seeing the Butterfly making the rounds of the blogs I read, so I don't want to re-nominate people who've already gotten their butterfly. The nominations will have to wait until I hunt around a bit for some folks who need the mention. Which makes the Butterfly Award one more item on my To-Do list.

They say the flapping of a butterfly's wings might ultimately cause changes in the atmosphere, including altering the path of a tornedo. This Butterfly has definitely altered my plans.

Has anyone else out there felt measurable effects from an immeasurably small event?

No comments:

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.