"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Me-Ow

This is my kind of horror. I like my monsters in the shadows. I like the way the suspense builds up to a full, throaty, movie-actress scream. Let's face it: when it comes to horror, I'm all about the foreplay.





Plus, I love Simone Simon. Her teeny little voice is right on the edge of charming and seductive. If you don't fall for her, she's only being charming. If you recognize what she's about, you'd better watch your back - she's dangerous.


Even Katy gives it Two Paws Up, and she's a harsh critic.


Want to watch the whole thing? Seriously, for $2.99 on YouTube, you can have your way with the movie for 24 hours. Go here and see for yourself.

No comments:

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.