"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Monday, February 20, 2012

The final impression that lingers

I'm just back from the San Diego edition of the Southern California Writer's Conference. I'm dog tired, exhiliarated, spent, excited, exuberant and perhaps too slightly hung over to adequately discuss what I did there, who I met, and what new dreams they gave me.

But this is how I feel.



More later.

3 comments:

Bethany Lopez Author said...

That is how I feel! I tried to get on the computer, but I feel slap happy!

Tameri Etherton said...

Snoopy!

Okay, that was for the dream part. Love that song, love Paul, love sleeping in my own bed. I'm finally feeling human again today.

You totally made the conference more fun for me (and about 250 other fine folks!).

I'll be blogging about our field trip in the coming months, I just need to figure out how to do it with integrity and, um class?

Gayle Carline said...

Okay, Tameri, I'm laughing out loud at that last sentence. I was out with friends last night and COULD NOT STOP MYSELF from telling them about our field trip, complete with Gayle's Impression of Tameri Coming Around the Corner and Seeing The Wall of Enormous... well, you know. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I had so much fun at the conference, and learned so much, and laughed so much. I'm still high.

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.