"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Where in the world is Gayle?

Good question!

Thursday through Sunday, you can find me at Bouchercon in Long Beach. Most of the action will be occurring at the Hyatt Regency on South Pine Avenue. (http://longbeach.hyatt.com/en/hotel/our-hotel.html)

Mostly, I will be either sitting in panels and looking for fascinating authors for our second annual OC Sisters in Crime Ladies of Intrigue event OR I will be sitting in the bar looking for fascinating people to hang out with.

On Friday at 1:30, I will be the headliner in Room Harbor A. Actually, as you can see on the map it is a small room.



A very small room. As if they don't think many people will show up. It could be true - I'm on the schedule at the same time as the Cadaver Dog Demonstration.

Hell, even I want to go see the cadaver dog.

But if anyone shows up, I'll give out some prizes and yammer about something. It'll be fun - hope to see you there!

No comments:

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.