"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful? I am...

Quite frankly, I am humbled, to have brought this young man into the world and had the privilege to watch him grow, just so I can be witness to this:




(He's the one in the middle with the fluffy hair.)

I thanked him yesterday, on the way home from college, saying, "I'd love you no matter what, even if you were a scofflaw and a scoundrel. But thank you for being so easy to love and such a nice person to be around."

His response? "Scofflaw. That's a fun word."

1 comment:

Patricia Stoltey said...

That was lovely! You did a great job with the video clip, too. It's so easy now to record those proud moments and show off our darlings. It's a great time to be a mom (or in my case, grandma).

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.