"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Sunday, June 21, 2020

OhmagodOhmagodOhmagod!

For years, I've read the book reviews on Big Al's Books and Pals blog. It all began one day years ago when I was avoiding work by surfing the 'net and found a polite but honest review of a spectacularly bad book. Not all books are gems, however, the author of the book began arguing with the reviewer in the comments. Soon other people chimed in with their opinions and the whole conversation got so hilariously awful that Big Al had to turn the comments off.

From that moment, I knew I wanted a review from one of the Pals.

I have since submitted every one of my novels to the site for review, always with a polite but clever note about the book and/or myself. That's seven books. 

Turns out, seventh time is a charm. On Friday, I discovered a new review on Amazon for MURDER BYTES. It was from Big Al's Books and Pals! It was a good review! Five stars!

Here is the link:
http://booksandpals.blogspot.com/2020/06/review-murder-bytes-by-gayle-carline.html

Color me over the moon. And a Friday review means it's the first one on the blog site until Monday. 





via GIPHY

No comments:

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.