"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Sunday, June 20, 2010

The write tool for the job.

My apologies - I've been a little MIA lately, but I had a good reason, I think. That is, if you think this is a good reason:



Sonny Boy (Marcus) graduated from Valencia High School (in Placentia) last Tuesday. For some odd reason, one simple ceremoney consumed my entire week. Go figure.


In the midst of Graduation-Palooza, I did a book club at Raytheon Company and the Huntington Beach Library Author's Luncheon. Both were wonderful. I had a great time, sold a few books, and met some swell folks, including David Rosenfelt. Look him up, he's hysterical.


The nice people at each event gave me presents - wasn't that cool? The Raytheon Book Club gave me this little knitted bookmark:








Isn't he cute? (Note, he has little wire glasses on his little googly eyes.)








As much as I love this cuddly guy, the Huntington Beach Library knows the way to a mystery writer's heart. They gave me this:




(Insert Psycho violins here) SCREE! SCREE! SCREE! SCREE!

No comments:

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.