Well, it's a rainy Sunday here in Southern California, even if it is the first day of Spring. No one told El Nino, I guess. Or are we in La Nina this year? I can't ever tell, but those Weather Babies sure are cranky. Maybe they need a nap. All I know is I've got a couple of news items to pass on this morning.
FIRST NEWS TO SHARE:
My delightful friend Marsha Toy Engstrom, who offers wonderful book club tips on her website, Book Club Cheerleader, gave me an award on Friday, that I was supposed to report and pass to some other lucky bloggers, except I've been kind of busy and didn't get it done. So here it is (insert trumpets blaring):
Yes, it is the Memetastic Award. If you didn't know, a "meme" is a catchphrase or concept that spreads rapidly from person to person via the Internet, largely through email, blogs, forums, image boards, social networking sites and instant messaging.
May I just say I should be so lucky to have ANYTHING I do spread rapidly across the Internet. Please. I'm out here shouting as loud I as I can, people.
Now then, the rules of accepting this award are simple:
1. Display the rather interestingly-childlike-in-a-creepy-way graphic. Check.
2. List five things about yourself, four of which must be bold-faced lies. Your readers are to guess which one is the truth by posting a comment on your blog. This will be difficult, since my life is such an open book, but I'll try.
3. Pass this award on to five deserving bloggers. Okay, really, I don't know of anyone who has time to do this on their blog, but I'll give it a go.
* * * * *
Five things about myself, one of which is actually true:
1. Learning to skydive is on my bucket list.
2. When I was 14, I told my mom I was staying the night at my girlfriend's house, and hitched a ride with a bunch of high school girls to go to St. Louis to see The Monkees in concert. My mom found the ticket stub, I was grounded for two weeks, and I'm still deaf from the experience.
3. I can play the accordian.
4. I have two degrees, one in engineering and one in French Literature.
5. My favorite way to spend a Sunday is to get up early, go down to the marina and take the sailboat out for the day.
Okay, Peeps, which one of those is the truth?
Now then, who should I pass this award to? Stop looking away from me, it won't keep me from picking you. Seriously, is this a pyramid scheme or something? Any-whoooo, here are five of my faves. If you're the blogger, you know just what to do with this honor:
1. Adventures N Writing
2. The Lipstick Chronicles
3. Always Coffee
4. Montana For Real
Look them up, Gentle Readers. I think you will be entertained, amused, moved, and most importantly, fans.
SECOND NEWS TO SHARE:
My book trailer for Freezer Burn is featured today (3/20) on Mary Pat's The Hyland Diner. Stop by and leave your comment - it looks like you're supposed to rate it from one (boo-hiss) to five (bravissimo) - of course I'm hoping for fives, but I'd rather have honesty. Honestly.
And Happy Spring to everyone!