"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Friday, June 3, 2011

Take the rest of the day off

I know I'm supposed to be hawking the new book at every turn, and I do love this new one and am probably spending unhealthy amounts of time looking at my Amazon rankings.

But this is Friday and I'm sick of saying, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Look over here! New book! Over here!"

So here are a couple of videos. One is my friend Marla Miller, doing a Quick Query Critique. Subscribe to her and learn, Grasshoppers:



The other one is just for fun. I've posted this before, but it makes me laugh until I weep EVERY time I watch it. Laughter is good for you:



Keep reading and writing, Peeps.

4 comments:

Thea Atkinson said...

I love to laugh. thanks for posting. "hoggify" LOL.

good luck with the me me me posts, Gayle. I support you! promo is a ravenous beast, isn't it? a break is a great thing!

horror suspense said...

Hi!

I hope this finds you well. My name is Tim Kizer. I would like to ask if you would be interested in trading links. I have placed a link to your blog on my website "Horror, suspense by Tim Kizer" http://www.horror-suspense.com and would much appreciate it if you could put a link to http://www.horror-suspense.com on your link list too. Hopefully, it will help us both in Google and Yahoo search rankings.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tim Kizer

Gayle Carline said...

Thea - Yea, what kind of word is "hoggify"? Altho I lose it when he screams and they show a bloody leg stump.

Thanks for the encouragement - I needed it. It's Monday, so I guess I have to get back to selling and writing, writing and selling.

Gayle Carline said...

Tim - Sorry it took me the weekend to respond. Sure, I can add you to my list. I'll get it done this week.

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.