"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I need to be writing, but -

I'm going to a horse show instead. This time it's in Burbank, so I'll be commuting every day - an hour there and an hour back. Sue me, I can't justify the cost of a hotel. I'm about 20,000 words from finishing the third Peri mystery and I'm dying to get it done, but after you get up at 4:30 a.m. to get to the equestrian center by 6 so you can lunge your horse, saddle him, get dressed in an outfit that would make Patsy Cline weep with joy, ride, then muck your horse's stall, wash his tail (the real one and the fake one), and drive home, well...

Screw any writing at that point. It's all you can do to stay vertical.

But when I get back I hope to tell you all about the stray dog I think we're adopting, because I need another canine like I need a hole in my head.

Write well, write often, Peeps!

2 comments:

Tameri Etherton said...

Love it! Have fun at the show ~ best of luck to you and Snoopy. I still say you need a rhinestone cowgirl hat. And boots! Rhinestone boots. Oh, yeah, that would totally make the outfit!

Can't wait to hear more about the new pooch.

Ali Trotta said...

This sounds like quite an adventure!!! Hehe Love the Patsy Cline reference, although now I have CRAZY stuck in my head. *Grin*

Also, I vote to keep the stray puppy. SO CUTE. I would hug all the animals, all the time. :-) Have fun, chica!!

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.