"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Friday, September 21, 2012

Writers: Anne Lamott

Since I am off to a writer's conference for the next three days, I thought I would provide you with three days of videos of writers talking about their books, their craft, their dogs, whatever.

I'm beginning with Anne Lamott because her book, Bird by Bird, is the first rather elegant book on writing I read and devoured and used.



Enjoy her. Take from her what you can.

No comments:

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.