"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The hangover from the hangout

Last night I did a Google Hangout for Indie Author TV with Jason Matthews and Marla Miller. It was pretty fabulous, and I enjoyed doing it. Here it is, in its 23-minute entirety:




Some behind-the-scenes extras:

1. Jason started having technical difficulties, but no one knew it until he said anything. Marla and I just thought he was showing my different online footprints - A LOT.

2. The barking you hear at the end are my two canine maniacs - caniacs as I like to call them - who had decided they had been kept out of the room long enough. Letting them in the room while I did the interview is like having a phone conversation as a mom. Your kids never want your attention until you pick up that phone and then everyone needs you.

3. I tried to look better for the camera than I did. My hair decided to go squirrely, and the blue top I was wearing made me look like I had blue eye shadow. Really, I know better. At any rate, the words all worked, so I can't care that much about looking my age. Mostly, I wanted to find the right nouns and verbs and sound like I was as savvy as Marla thinks I am.

4. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat, although perhaps I'd hire someone to make me look good.

1 comment:

Jason Matthews said...

Haha, if you hire someone let me know--could use some help with my hair.

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.