"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Monday, August 12, 2013

Sorry for the delay. I'm digging my way out of the weeds.

I'm in the middle of my first draft of the horse show mystery, so I really don't have much to say on the blog, except:



OH MY GOD THIS BOOK IS STUPID WHY DID I START WRITING THIS IT SUCKS!

Which is how I usually feel around the 40,000-word mark. Not to worry. The plan of attack is to slog through the mire, get to the end, dig the last hole out of the tunnel and reach the sunlight. Then I put it on the backburner for a few weeks to get some perspective.




In the meantime, I couldn't just leave the post up about the free Kindle promotion, so here's something to make your Monday a little nicer. (And maybe your Tuesday and your Wednesday, depending upon when I get back here.)




No comments:

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.