"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Monday, August 25, 2014

Soraidh, bràmair

Supposedly, that's Scottish Gaelic for "farewell, friends." At least according to the internet, where everything you read is true.

What IS true is that we'll be in Scotland for almost two weeks to visit these:

The Kelpies at Falkirk


Of course, we'll also sleep in a castle, tour Holyrood Palace, and have plenty of tea. My hubby will golf one day. I will ride a horse. Here's my Pinterest page with all the places we'll stay and visit, etc.

http://www.pinterest.com/gaylecarline/scotland-2014/

I'll be back on September 8, and as soon as the jet lag wears off, I'll give you all the highlights.

P.S. If you're reading this thinking, hmm, they're gonna be gone so their house is ripe for breaking and entering, let me assure you of three things: 1) We have two dogs that love to bark at strangers, 2) We have a friend housesitting for us so our house is not vacant, and 3) We have absolutely nothing that's worth anything.

No comments:

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.