"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Saturday, May 2, 2015

The call to post

I'm over at Equestrian Ink today, describing my recent horse show and how it was completely different from how I imagined it would be. Go ahead and check that out here - http://equestrianink.blogspot.com/2015/05/every-time-you-think-things-will-be-same.html.

If you're not into horses, well, that's unfortunate, because today it's all about the Derby. The Kentucky Derby, mint juleps, big hats and everyone singing "My Old Kentucky Home" even if they don't know the words.

Here's the rundown on all the horses. I picked this video because there's a woman and man team evaluating the field. I like the balance.


And here's "My Old Kentucky Home." If you watch the Derby, it will pain you to see all these folks stumbling through the words and music because they think they know the song and they don't know nothin. Listen to John Prine a few times and you'll be better prepared than these yahoos.


P.S. I don't care who wins as long as everyone stays safe.

No comments:

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.