"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Now I'm over here.

Geepers, I'm everywhere these days.


I woke up this morning to find myself on Babs Book Bistro, being interviewed. Thanks, Babs, for such entertaining questions! Unfortunately, we were advertising the HIT OR MISSUS Goodreads Giveaway - I didn't know when my interview was going to be posted and I thought the giveaway would go through the deadline.


(Note to self: read the fine print.)


Then I did the Blogtalk Radio interview with Marla Miller. Before the interview, I was completely obsessing about my morning allergies. I describe it as "morning gunk" that makes me sound stuffy and nasally, and I cough until the sun comes out. But once the interview started, I think I only coughed once. Not too bad. Here's the interview:



Listen to internet radio with MarketingtheMuse on Blog Talk Radio


If you listen carefully, you can hear me playing with Duffy in the background. Dogs are like children - they never want your attention quite as much as when you're on the telephone.


At 2 p.m. today, I'm at the Placentia Library, launching HIT OR MISSUS (the other books will be available for sale, too). Someday I'd like to do a book launch by shooting my book out of a cannon. That'd be cool.


In the meantime, I'm packed and ready to scoot to the library. Cookies are baked. Lemonade and ice have been purchased. Booker & Hatch are rarin' to go.


Life is good.

No comments:

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.