I consider myself a fairly nice person, but I'm also an impatient one. It is one of the qualities my P.I., Peri Minneopa and I share. So in the previous post, I asked for some input on what to call my second humor book. There were no answers. So I tried posing a Question on Facebook. I got three responses. Three is not enough, people.
So now I'm going to do what any author in their right mind, or at least right brain, would do: offer a prize.
Here's what I'll do. Help me come up with a title and you'll get a free book.
The rules are as follows:
1. The contest will be open for 1 (one, uno, un) week.
2. During that week, you can either vote for one of the titles listed below, or submit your own brilliant idea in the Comments.
3. If I get a bunch of votes for a title, everyone who voted will get a free copy.
4. If someone submits something so amazingly brilliant I wish I'd have thought of it, that person gets a free copy AND a mention in the Acknowledgments.
Are you willing to help me now?
(Rough draft) Synopsis: When Gayle Carline got a job writing a humor column for her local newspaper, she knew it would be a fun assignment. What she didn't know is that her son would begin every conversation with, "This is off the record." But that didn't stop her. Join her continuing journey of balancing her life as a wife, mother, and occasional juggler of 1000-lb horses with writing a column about her husband, son, and everyday events. Her husband and son may object from time to time, but the horses don't complain.
1. I'd Like to be Self-Absorbed But I Don't Have the Time
2. In My Spare Time, I Juggle Horses
3. In My Spare Time - Wait, I Don't Have Any
4. Wolves Mate for Life Because They Don't Speak English
5. Fodder for Thought (volunteered by Chrissie Barnett)
6. Two Years Before the Masthead (Okay, I know this one is too erudite, but it still makes me laugh)
Let the voting/suggestions begin!