"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The countdown begins

I told you I'd remind you...




This Thursday, I'll be at the Buena Park Public Library, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. along with two other authors Teresa Burrell and Jeff Sherratt, talking about mysteries. Actually, Teresa set up the event, so the whole evening's a mystery to me.




But I'd like to see lots of faces in the audience. Not for myself - I'm the same goofball with one person that I am with a room full. I just want libraries to start getting the interest they deserve. After all, it's free entertainment.

Free. Entertainment. Did you get that? Go to a library, spend an evening with some fun people, maybe even check out a book or a movie. FOR FREE.

Come out to Buena Park and see me, Tee, and Jeff. We're fun, I promise. Okay, Jeff talks a lot, but he's interesting, and I'm bringing duct tape. (Just joking, Jeff! Ha ha.)

I'll make this as easy as possible:
1. Here's where to find Buena Park. It's in California, in case you don't recognize the shape.
2. The Public Library is at 7150 La Palma Avenue. In Buena Park. Here's what it looks like:


Okay, it's a little fuzzy, but it's the best I could do with the resources I've got.


3. If you get lost, their phone number is 714-826-4100.


4. When you get there, we will be in the 2nd Floor Boardroom, at 6:00 p.m.

After the talk, we will all have books for sale. But you don't have to buy any. You can just enjoy the pleasure of our company. The only way I can make this easier is if I came to your house, helped you out of your jammies and into that nice velour track suit, and drove you to the library.
Let me know if you need a ride.

3 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

I've done a few library events with a panel of mystery authors and the turnout has ranged from two to thirty. You just never know. Good luck on Thursday.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

It sounds like a fun event. I would have loved to come if only you weren't so far away. I hope you had a great turnout.

Teresa Burrell, Author, Attorney, Advocate said...

Ok, you convinced me. I'll be there. Tee

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.