"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Friday, April 12, 2013

Reaching for the stars

My sales of Hit or Missus are looking kind of saggy, so I'm doing another promotion this weekend to see if I can generate some interest. Quite frankly, the last promo of Freezer Burn was less than stellar, but in hindsight, I don't think I did enough promoting. I didn't let Ereader News Today know about it, I didn't mention it more than once in my social media, and I let opportunities slip by right and left at Left Coast Crime.

Mea uber-culpa.

So this weekend, I'm all in. I've alerted ENT, I've paid for a BookBub spot, I'll mention it in my social media circles once every day of the promotion, and-and-and- oh, yeah, I'm talking about it here.

Here's my goal: I want 20,000 downloads. If you have a Kindle or a Kindle app and don't have Hit or Missus, here is your opportunity to get a free book and help me reach my goal. I'm not asking for your money, just your mouse-clicks.

This Saturday through Monday, the ebook is available for free. Call it my gift to those of you who sweated and struggled to make the April 15th Tax Filing Day Deadline. The IRS has your money - let me give you something to cheer you up.

Thank you all so much for your support. I appreciate you.

Here's the link again. Remember, it's Saturday through Monday.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00537SP5M

1 comment:

Tameri Etherton said...

I'll help you pimp your book! All you have to do is ask, my friend.

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.