"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The universe is a great place to be

I recently introduced a friend of mine to a name that many people already know. Neil deGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist extraordinaire. Not only is he a smart guy, I'm super-stoked that he is being tapped to be the host of a reboot of Cosmos. Remember this?



Yeah, Carl Sagan was the bomb.

I am in complete awe of well-spoken experts, who can take their subject, about which they could speak in the most complex terms possible, and instead take it down a notch and make it accessible.

Here's Neil, discussing something not exactly scientific, and yet important.



I can't wait.

No comments:

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.