"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Friday, April 4, 2014

Happy Friday!

I have a bunch of paperwork to fill out this morning, but I have a few random things on my mind:

1. My friend, DeAnna Cameron, has been busily building an audience for her online magazine, Lit Central OC. It's a great repository of information for writers, aimed at supporting those of us in Orange County. If you live in the OC and you are a writer, you should subscribe (it's free). DeAnna would like us to become a large network of writers who help each other - wouldn't that be good?

I was lucky enough to be featured on the magazine this week (Author Spotlight, and Spotlight Excerpt). And when I say lucky, I mean it. Don't think for one second that my friendship with DeAnna made any difference. She's got plenty of authors in the big writing pool to pull from. I'm just honored that I got a slot.

2. I've decided on a release date for MURDER ON THE HOOF. The ebook will be released for sale on Kindle Wednesday, May 21. You can sit in your comfiest chair and order it in your PJs. The paperback version will get a full-blown party on Saturday, May 24. I don't know where, yet, but I'm working on it.

Got any ideas?

No comments:

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.