"The notion that such persons are gay of heart and carefree is curiously untrue. They lead, as a matter of fact, an existence of jumpiness and apprehension. They sit on the edge of the chair of Literature. In the house of Life they have the feeling that they have never taken off their overcoats."
- James Thurber, My Life and Hard Times

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The ball, she is rolling!

I just got off the phone with the lovely folks at Amazon's Createspace, and I can officially say that I'm on my way to publishing my first book of columns. I say "first" because I'm hoping there'll be more.


I had to talk to a representative because I seemed to be in between the menu options they listed - I have cover art, designed by the wonderful Joe Felipe, but I feel unsure of myself when it comes to formatting the manuscript to look as professional as it can. So they figured out a "one from Column A, one from Column B" program for me, along with some phone numbers to call if I needed help. I'm guessing they mean help with my book. I could use some help emptying the trash and cleaning the patio...


ANYWHO. Here's my cover. I love it. More later.




3 comments:

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, well Miss Gayle Carline, glads to know you are gettin' action on your tome of columns......loves the tagg my friend....

Helen Ginger said...

It's a cute cover, Gayle. The woman even looks a bit like you!

Helen

Gayle Carline said...

As a matter of fact, Helen, it's supposed to look a little bit like me!

Proud Member of ALA!

I support fair and equitable library access to ebooks and so should you.